In June 2021, Tip Top Arborists, Inc started the process of becoming an accredited tree care company under the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) Tree Care Company Accreditation program.
While Tip Top Arborists, Inc has been a member of the TCIA since January 1995, we felt that it was time to work for the highest honor in the tree care industry. That honor was achieved January 2022.
What is TCIA accreditation, and what does it mean to our customers?
It means that Tip Top Arborists, Inc adheres to the highest industry standards for quality and safety, is dedicated to ethics and quality in business practices, maintains a fleet of OSHA/CHP inspected vehicles and has a trained, professional staff from the office to the field.
The extensive review looked at all aspects of the company operation. It looked at aspects, not limited to:
Company business plan
- Accredited book keeping, fair labor practices, record retention
- TCIA Code of Ethics
- Workers Compensation
- New worker orientation
- Weekly safety meetings
- ISA Tree Worker Certification
- EHAP Electrical Hazards Awareness Program
- First Aid / CPR
- ISA Certified Crew Leader
- Work performed to ANSI A300 standards
- Proposals clearly and concisely written
- Terms and Conditions displayed
- Formal training program
- At least one (1) ISA Certified Arborist per 10 employees
- Minimum of one (1) Certified Tree Safety Professional (CTSP) on staff
- OSHA compliant
- Daily vehicle inspections
- CHP compliant
- California Air Resource Board (CARB) compliant
- Appropriately dressed staff, well-maintained vehicles and company logo
- Business literature contains company logo and contractor license
- Belongs to professional organizations such as the BBB and Chamber of Commerce
- Random drug testing
As a measure of protection to homeowners, businesses undergo renewal check-ups annually. The annual renewal ensures that the company continues to employ trained professionals, is still properly insured and has a good safety and consumer satisfaction rating.
Accredited tree care companies must also re-apply every three years so that their practices can be reviewed and the continuation of best business practices can be verified.